You Need A HAZMAT Endorsement

/You Need A HAZMAT Endorsement

It may seem like an extra expense and bother to get endorsements along with your CDL training, but these extras give you greater flexibility in your career. Let’s talk about the Hazardous Materials (HAZMAT) Endorsement and why it’s included in our Complete Class-A CDL Training. You will need it before you are able to legally transport anything that requires a “hazardous material” placard:

  • Gases
  • Flammable liquids
  • Combustible liquids
  • Explosives
  • Any material that may cause harm

It makes sense that a load of something that could cause harm would need a driver who knows how to handle the responsibility. It also makes sense that the driver has passed a threat assessment because public safety is important to all of us. Since the HAZMAT endorsement includes a security clearance, employers look for applicants who have this extra qualification. It makes scheduling easier when all the drivers can drive any route with any load.

Endorsements are an extra assurance that you have the extra training needed for particular types of driving jobs. Most employers (and their insurance companies) will insist on drivers being endorsed for specific tasks.

It is a good idea to have all the available endorsements on your CDL that you can get because that gives you the ability to take any job or side gig that comes along. The Complete Class-A CDL Training program gives a thorough overview of what you can do to enhance your CDL with endorsements and why you would want each one. The Hazardous Materials Endorsement is so valuable to drivers and employers that this one comes with the program.

1 Comment

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.